Mom Est with Kids Names


Cliff Notes Version:
  • Fonts are typically Times New Roman (I used Obelix) & MF I Love Glitter
  • The closed heart in that font is the | key - look right below the backspace key on your keyboard, in I Love Glitter
  • Resize the I Love Glitter words to something huge like 200 wide before welding, to keep the centers of the letters from filling in.  Size back down once welded.
  • I just use an iron, I've made hundreds of shirts now, all with an iron and have never had a problem.  

The Step By Step Version

 Use the | key to make the closed hearts between the names.  (Optional - add the heart before and after the names) Here's a cheat sheet for fonts like I Love Glitter, with Easy Glyphs - http://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2017/09/fonts-with-tails.html  

 Another font that is popular for these shirts is Unicorn Calligraphy.  You can add text boxes for the hearts from I Love Glitter, between the names in the Unicorn Calligraphy font. 

Below I show how I typed the names, in Times New Roman, with the second line being the same exact text in I Love Glitter






Change the text color to white, or any color you would like.  I've seen this part done in teal and it was really pretty.  Pink could be pretty too!


Next I went to Wordmark.it to see which of my system fonts I would like best for the word Mom.  Times New Roman is the "standard" choice for this project, but I like to see my options.  I then filtered my selections to all the ones I liked best:
From left to right:
Bernard, Bodini, Bodini Black, Broadway, Chuck Noon
Collegiate Black, Cooper Black, DK Jambo, Engravers MT, LilyBelle
Obelix Pro, Rockwell Condenses, Snap ITC, Times New Roman

I ended up choosing Obelix - one of my favorite fonts.  But I started with Times New Roman, as shown below.  To make the kids names better fit, I unlocked the text (bottom left) and resized just the height, making it about an inch tall, and 11.5 wide.



With the Obelix Pro font:

If making a shirt, you will be cutting this on HTV.  
DON'T FORGET TO MIRROR!
I never trust myself to remember to mirror, so I always select all and flip horizontal - so my design looks backwards.  Then I can just cut without choosing mirror.
HTV goes on the mat shiny side down.


Weed the design, press the black onto the shirt lightly - I pressed for about 10 seconds, with my iron set between cotton and wool, with a silicone baking sheet inside of the shirt.
Then place the white letters on top of the black, and press again - this time I did 15 seconds twice, all over the design.  That was enough for the fibers of the shirt to show through the vinyl.

============================================
More Projects & Free SVG's For Mothers Day:

==========================


No comments:

Post a Comment