Applying Htv To Flannel Blankets


How To Apply Vinyl To A Flannel Blanket

Since originally writing this post in 2017, I've made dozens of blankets like these.  I've made them for graduations, babies, birthdays, and I've made them for nieces and nephews as Christmas gifts.  They are quick, easy, and inexpensive to make.

If I was selling projects, I'd make these for football players families.  Customize them with the players number and last name in a football...

I started with the popular red truck graphic.  I ungrouped it, removed the tree, and then chose attach, to make it all one color.  To add the name underneath, I went to my cheat sheet of favorite fonts and chose Dk Jambo. Then I selected all and flipped it horizontally.

I measured the corner of the blanket and decided to resize the image to about 5x3.

For my first one, I used the silicone pad under the blanket, and parchment paper on top.  I had my iron between wool and cotton.  That's a little too warm - I moved it back to before the wool setting for the rest.  

And still, every one, when I pulled back the plastic looked like this:


So next I put parchment paper over the top, and pressed for about 5 seconds at a time, until they smoothed out.  Normally I press 10 seconds at a time, but I was being very cautious with these.

The blankets were $2.99 at Kmart.


I made these for my daughter in laws, along with pillows, this Christmas. 2019 Update - These have held up really well! 


Instructions for the pillows are here:

On the tree behind the blankets is my Gilmore Girls tree - instructions for those ornaments are here:
http://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2017/12/gilmore-girls-ornaments.html

==================
==========================

For a list of my favorite brands, and my guidelines for pricing - 

==========================

 Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/04/cricut-step-by-step-project-tutorials.html

==========================



No comments:

Post a Comment