Chewy Molasses Cookies

I've been on a search for how to make flat, bakery style, cookies.  I still haven't found the secrets I'm looking for, but in the process I found this cookie, which is pretty much perfect.    Now If I could just figure out how to get my sugar and chocolate chip cookies to be this texture!


Chewy Molasses Cookies
Makes  2 dozen 

Mix:
12 Tbsp (1 and a half sticks) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
¼ cup molasses

Beat, then add to above:
1 egg

Mix separately, then add in to wet ingredients & mix together :
1 ¾ cups  flour
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda

Bake at 350 for 8-10 Minutes.  The outside should look dark and firm, but he centers might be a bit soft.  

I recommend baking on parchment paper.

Leave plenty of room between cookies - these will spread a LOT.  The dough will be very sticky and wet, and this will make a flat, chewy, cookie.

Above - slightly puffy right out of the oven
Below: Chewy & Flat



No comments:

Post a Comment