Chocolate Pretzel Reindeer Rods


Last week-end we went to Bethlehem Pa for our anniversary.  In one of the chocolate shops downtown, they had these adorable reindeer "peeps" on chocolate covered pretzel rods.  They were not cheap.

The next day we stopped at the Peeps store - did you know Marshmallow Peeps are made in Bethlehem PA?  I did not know that before last week-end!  They had the reindeer heads, so I bought a few packs.

The chocolate covered pretzels are simple - melt chocolate (I like the wafers from AC Moore best - the ones at Michaels are waxier, and chocolate chips never work as well for me) swirl the pretzel rods in it, then place on wax paper to dry. I sprinkled them with colored sprinkles before they dried.

To attach the marshmallow reindeer heads, I spread some chocolate on the back of the marshmallows, then set them on top of the pretzels.

Once dry, I wrapped them in saran wrap and tied a ribbon around them.

Quick and simple!  I'm going to put 2 in each gift bag with the jar of salted caramel hot cocoa and a bag of homemade peppermint marshmallows.

To see more 


No comments:

Post a Comment