Some of My Favorite Books In 2011


The end of year book survey didn't feel like it did my reading list justice.

Some of my favorite reads in 2011-

Gripping - Hard to put down - 
The Room by Emily Donague
Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares (Yeah, not what I expected at all!)
Night Road by Kristen Hannah
These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauff
The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

GOOD Mysteries
Now You See Her by James Patterson
The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
Learning To Swim by Sarah Henry (follow her on twitter too)
If Books Could Kill by Kate Carlise
Love You More by Lisa Gardner

Just Plain Fun Reads - 
The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean
My Life In France by Julia Child
Moonwalking With Einstien by Joshua Foer

Books That Inspire Me to Be Better
The Whole In Our Gospel by Richard Sterns (about World Vision)
Little Princes by Connor Grennan
Choosing To See by Mary Beth Chapman
Reshaping It All by Candace Bure
Run Like A Mother by Dimnity McDowell
The Final Summit by Andy Andrews
Out Live Your Life By Max Lucado

Series - 
Cedar Cove by Debbie Macomer.  Light, sappy, reads.
Michael Bennet Series by James Patterson - one of my favorites
Private London Series by Patterson- another favorite
Womens Detective Series Book 10 - good
Sara Partetsky's VI series, Body Work - good
Flower Shop Mysteries By Kate Collins - Light reading, a bit like Stephanie plum
Stephanie Plum 17 & 18 by Evanovich.  Good. Not great like the early ones, but good.

Books I wish I hadn't bothered with - 
The Postmistress
A Stolen Life
A Year of Fog (possibly the most tedious book I've ever read)
Turn Of Mind
Clan Of the Cave Bear by Auel


1 comment:

  1. "Before I Go to Sleep" is a brilliant and profound piece of fiction, a psychological thriller that will captivate the reader about a traumatic brain injury that when the main protagonist wakes up she can't remember anything about herself. I can't imagine too many things as frightening as that! The premise was different from anything I've read before. This is a remarkable job of taking us through Christine's mind as she learns about events and people in her past and the frustrations involved in not being able to remember.

    ReplyDelete