Soft Sourdough Sandwich Bread - A Comparison Of Variations

Every time I make soft sourdough sandwich bread, I am asked if I tried such and such a recipe.

I love that, really I do.  But SO many of the recipes are the same, just under different names. Below  are four very popular recipes, all with some variation.  One even offers an added commercial yeast option if you are in a hurry or your starter is lagging...  

These are not the only recipes out there.  And the chart below is a "condensed" version of the recipes.  To read the entire recipe, visit the sites:


As for which one is my favorite..  we haven't gotten that far into the experiment yet.  :-)  Step one was to narrow down the most popular variations of  a soft sourdough bread recipe.  Now, let the baking begin...

This is currently page 21 in the Sour Notes Sourdough Log Book shown in most of my photos.  It's my personal sourdough journal with all sorts of tips, charts, recipes, experiments...  Someday I'll put it all in a pdf you all can download, but for now, you can see most of the pages here:

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2023/12/sour-notes-adventures-in-sourdough.html


No comments:

Post a Comment