That Time I Spray Painted The Freezer In The Laundry Room -


Dear Loving Husband, who has promised to love and cherish me for all of our lives...

 I know your alarm will go off soon, and you will lay in bed and read facebook for a few minutes before coming downstairs. I wanted to tell you to stay there, relax, rest. You deserve it. You work hard.

 And if you think you smell spray paint fumes, ignore the thought. There's a triple chocolate cake in the oven, I'm sure THAT is what you smell. 

If I did happen to accidentally spray paint the freezer in the laundry room today (because it looked soooooo bad - it was really in sad shape. ) know that I did so only to save you the effort of moving the freezer to the backyard to paint it properly. That would have been so much work, I didn't want you to have to deal with that. Because I love you.

 And, also, remember how many times you have said "whatever makes you happy". I know you meant that from the bottom of your heart... and I know you also know that paintbrushes just do not make me happy. But freshly painted items do. 

AND - because I learn from my mistakes! - I know how to remove all the over spray from the floor, because YOU WERE RIGHT (I know how you love to hear that!) and I may have gotten a little on the floor, even with the plastic I put down first. I promise, I will not do this again (and by that I mean specifically THIS EXACT THING) for at least another 5 years.

 Love,
 the woman who is making chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for you.

Before & After of yesterday's adventure. This is a 1980s Montgomery ward upright freezer that I refuse to part with, because it has outlived at least 6 new chest freezers, just since my mom gave it to me. 15 years ago. I had painted it with chalkboard paint & that was great for years. . But it's really been looking this sad for about 3 years now.

 It's in the laundry room, so I could ignore it for quite awhile, until I moved my craft area to the laundry room.  The sign is a "reverse canvas" decorated with vinyl cut by cricut, and I glued heavy magnets to the back to hold it on there.  


(My facebook status, February 23 2018 - which means I cannot spray paint that freezer again until 2023.  So far I'm ok with that, the 2018 paint is holding up well!)

=================================


No comments:

Post a Comment