Putting Vinyl On Make Up Bags

The Dollar Tree no longer has these particular bags.  They do get a variety of different bags from time to time, you just have to watch and see what they have.
Amazon has plain white ones, 10 bags for $12,48
https://amzn.to/2GgNVSD

Quick Tips:
  • I kept designs to less than 6x3 for the top of the bag, 6x2 for the bottom.
  • HTV.  (I used dark grey) Yes, 651 will stick, but it won't stay for more than a couple of days.
  • I set my iron between cotton and wool, and pressed for 10 seconds at a time.
  • The insides of the bags are plastic - so press carefully and put something inside the bag (like parchment paper) before pressing.
  • Where To Find Free Beauty & Fashion SVGS
  • My Pinterest Board For Dollar Tree Make Up Bags
In one store I found these at the cash register, at another they were in the aisle with the socks... If you want to order a case online, you can find them here - https://www.dollartree.com/faux-suede-cosmetic-bags/284032



The Designs I used (and more) can all be found here
Except the Happy Girls Are The Prettiest, that is just the Lovely Valentine Font.

I use sticky notes to remind me what design I want on each bag - that helped me to color match the top of the lipstick on the Selfie bags, and made it easier to remember how many I needed of each design.

I ironed these the same as I do all htv - iron between cotton and wool, silicone baking sheet inside, parchment paper on top.  Press 10 seconds, remove the clear transfer paper, replace the parchment paper, press another 10 seconds.  

I don't know that i would recommend the silicone baking sheet for these.  I use them for shirts because they reflect the heat back - and they hold heat.  That's not necessarily a good thing on these bags, which melt a little if you are not careful.  Parchment paper inside would be better, I think.

Free SVG is here:

 Happy Girls Are The Prettiest, Font -  Lovely Valentine Font.

Font = Beauty & The Beast
Copper Boom is a Gilmore Girls reference - 

Free SVG is here:
  
Free SVG is here:

 
This is using the new Samantha Craft font.  It really does cut beautifully!


======================

==============

==========================


Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/04/cricut-step-by-step-project-tutorials.html

==========================



2 comments:

  1. Really informative post Thanks for linking to #Thatfridaylinky hope to see you next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did an iron on and those bags have thin plastic inside and it melted some.. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete