How To Curve Text in Phonto - for Cricut Design Space




I don't have the patience to create a circle in design space and then add one letter at a time to curve text.  I like to use curved text WAY too often for that, especially on all of these Christmas ornaments.



So I use phonto.
http://www.phon.to/
Phonto works on Android and Apple.  I use an android, so my screen shots are from Android.

Open that app.  Tap in the middle of the screen.
Choose Use Plain image
choose the first white box you see.  All you need is a plain background.
Click on the pencil at the top of the app.
 Type the first half of your text.  

(Helpful comment from an iphone user -   Just an FYI on the iPhone, no pencil image comes up. You swipe left once you type the text to find the ‘curve’ option.)


Now choose style, then click on the little arrow to the right of "Text Color"
   a menu will drop down, choose curve.

Once you get the curve for the top half of your circle, click on the pencil again, and add the bottom part of your text.  This time when you choose curve, move the curve negative - to the left.  



Once you have your text in a circle, you can click on the three dots at the top and choose share.  Most people use email  - I share mine to facebook messnger, sent to myself.  It just feels faster to me.

Then go to your computer, save the image, open it in design space.  I choose simple, then make sure to erase your background - don't forget to erase the areas inside the e's and a's..  

That's all there is to it!



1 comment:

  1. Is it also possible to make text in heart shape or spiral text like in this example?
    https://www.mockofun.com/tutorials/curved-text-generator/

    ReplyDelete