Bacon Wrapped Baby Vidalias & Bruschetta Topped Mushrooms


I tried two new sides on the grill last night, and both were a success!

Both are also VERY simple.

For the mushrooms:
1. Remove the stems
2.  Toss mushrooms in a little olive oil and garlic.  I left them marinate all day - but you can completely skip this step if you are short on time.
3.Top with Bruschetta
4. Top with cheese
5.Grill.

I LOVE this grill pan.  I don't remember where I got mine, but you can find a similar one on Amazon here:

Weber 6481 Small Stainless Steel Vegetable Basket

Bacon Wrapped Vidalia Onions
I originally found this recipe here & "adapted"it.
By "Adapted" I mean "vaguely remembered the ingredients and winged it rather than look up the specifics when I was ready to make them."

1. Peel onions
2. Add balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper & olive oil to a zip log bag.
3. Toss in the onions and coat them. Leave them in there to marinate
4. When ready to grill, wrap each onion in a strip of bacon. I secured the bacon with toothpicks
5. Grill on low 30-40 minutes.

Next time, I will put these right on the grill for the first 10 minutes, then move either to the vegetable pan I had the mushrooms in, or to the top little rack of our grill where things keep warm/cooking without being right on the flame.  The bacon overcooked just a little bit for us, but
they do need to cook awhile for the onions to be sweet and soft.








No comments:

Post a Comment