Sidewalk / Grass Edger

I LOVE this thing.  It's easy to use, and cleans the sidewalks up so nicely! 

This post keeps showing up as one of the most popular on my blog - and it's one of the least informative posts here.  I feel bad about that.  But I don't know what to tell you..  I think it came from QVC more than 20 years ago.

My mother in law gave this to us years before we moved to the farm.
We moved to the farm nearly 20 years ago.  
The edger still does a great job.


Amazon has a sidewalk edging tool - but it does not look like mine, and I have no idea how well it works.  It's pricey!  If I were going to spend more than $30 for this one, I think I'd be tempted to spend the extra and pay the $60 (it's on sale right now)  for the electric one..  but again, I have no idea how well  they work.








================





13 comments:

  1. If anyone knows where the edge tool can be found, please let me know. I had one years ago, but cannot find another one. Lost mine in a move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are at most DIY shops eBay etc called half moon

      Delete
  2. Yes , I would love one of those too ! I am scared of an electric edger ha ha ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found one at a garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would help if you posted what the head looked like

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I would love to have one of these! Anybody found one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have not found one. I got mine at Home Depot. Probably can purchase on line too.

      Delete
  6. We've been searching for an edger like this for some time
    My granddad had one that worked great. Friends.are goingr to England. & will look there for one. The Britts do not have a throw
    away philosophy . Tjey continue to make simple things that work well
    If we find one well let you know
    Would be great if you could post photo of the blade
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, show a pic of the blade.

      Delete
    2. I love mine, nothing like the old stuff, does anyone know how to post a pic here?

      Delete
  7. I got one from QVC years ago and love it! I use it to edge but I also created tree surrounds with it. mine folds flat for easy storage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband uses an electric edger once a month and it does a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete