The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel

The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1)The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




I had for some reason believed this was some sort of classic, and appropriate for our younger teens reading lists. I'm glad I read if first- the story line is good, but it is not a classic, and the rape scenes are unnecessarily detailed, even if the details about sex are kept simple. Those passages, in my opinion, ruin the book and make it one I would not recommend.


After finishing this book I was curious about the fates of the charactars, the story line is good... but after reading a quick summary of the other books in the series, it appears sex continues to be a strong theme shared in detail too often.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment