Moving the chairs 6 inches is not rearranging the furniture. :-)

Before:
(There was a clock on this wall, I took it down then thought to snap some before pics before I took anything else off the walls)
When I mentioned that I was frustrated with how dark and blah our living room felt, my boys all rolled their eyes, expecting to have to move furniture once again.  But really, this furniture only fits in here one way.  I told them they were off the hook - and hurriedly took some pics that night before I got started.  So the pics are really dark, and sort of blurry, making the before and after all the more dramatic.  :-) 
After:
 
The bench is new. I found it for $15 at the thrift store.  It opens up, and will make a great toy box.  (I keep a box of toys behind the couch for when friends kids are over).  I did NOT have to move the couch to fit the bench in there.  Not even an inch.  :-)
The shelf on the brick wall is from AC Moore.  I paid $1.99 for a walnut gel stain there, in the craft paint aisle.  I used a 50% off coupon on the shelf, making it $9.  $11 with the stain.  It dried so fast - staining it was a less than 30 minute project.
The pillows on the couch are from TJ Maxx.
The only furniture I moved were stands, and the chairs.  I moved the pink chairs about 6 inches each.  :-)
Before
Moving these chairs just 6 inches - in closer to the tv, made such a huge difference in the feel of the room.  Such a little thing....
After:
I added the rug, and moved the stands around too.. little things.  Such little things.
On the stand to the left is the Taufshein for my 5th great grandmother, that I printed this week. The swag over the star is sweet annie that I dried in a glycerin mixture earlier this month.  I like it so much better than the berry swag that was on here before - see below - 
Before:
See Finn in the middle of the couch here?
After:
Finn still there, I just moved his favorite blanket over for him.  :-)
The clock on the wall here was on the brick wall before.  
Before:
Here I added some electric  candles - amusingly, they came with a remote!  
(Sam's club  - $24 for 7 of them)
After:

Comments