Ironing Water Marks Out Of A Table


For a couple of years, I tried everything to remove the water marks, which are almost constantly occurring, from this table.  I tried eggs.  Mayo.  Scrubbing it harder.

Nothing worked.

Then I saw something on tv, some kitchen show I think, where they explained that in highly waxed furniture, you have to iron out the white marks.

It worked!!! 

And it has continued to work on this table, over and over. Someday I'll need to refinish the table, but for now, every couple of months I iron out the spots and then coat it good with some Scotts Liquid Gold.

==================





1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness, my buffet NEEDS this tip! I had tried those other things, too. Thank you for sharing this at Treasure Box Tuesday! I'm going to go get my iron out! :)

    ReplyDelete