Home Made Laundry Detergent Recipe

This is the laundry detergent I used for about 18 years.  We raised three boys, on a farm, and one was a football player.  And this got our clothes clean.  Now that the kids are grown I admit to being lazy and using Purex...  but for the last year or two that the kids were here, I had switched to a homemade powdered laundry detergent, because the recipe above can be a bit slimy, and powdered detergent was generally easier, and very cheap to make.  


The Purex crystals are purely optional!  I like the smell.  They are a "laundry booster", but I am pretty sure you can skip them and not really notice any difference in how clean your clothes are.  :-)  I like to purchase these ingredients at Dollar General on Saturdays - when there is almost always a $5 off $25 coupon.  


===========================

And for stains - especially soda, or oil stains like salad dressing, this is literally the best.  It's usually in the aisle with the pine sol, not the laundry detergents.


========================

An Index Of  My Soapmaking Posts
https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/p/making-soap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment