Verses to Pray - Children

update - the next morning, Priscilla Shirer sent a tweet with a link to this post she wrote, with affirmations she speaks over her children.  I'll be making my own list for in my prayer notebook (Mobile Knee app - I'm pretty much all digital) using all of these great resources!

The MOB Society hosted a #PrayingForBoys Twitter party tonight.  Two of the questions involved scriptures to pray, and since praying scripture is one of my big goals for this year..  I took notes!

Colossians 3:23 
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, "

Jeremiah 17:7
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.

I Peter 4:10
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

Romans 8:37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Ephesians 2:4-5
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Psalm 92:4
For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord;
I sing for joy at what your hands have done.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Proverbs 22:6
Start children off on the way they should go,
and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

Deut.  11:8
Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess,

Luke 2:52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. (Pray that our sons would grow the same way)

Philippians 1:9-11
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Psalm 16:8
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

I Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


Isaiah 61:3
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.


No comments:

Post a Comment