Removing Visual Deals in Google Chrome

I did not have this problem on my 9 year old Windows Vista laptop, but since I upgraded to a new laptop, with Windows 8, these new little ad bars were popping up on pages.  They look like this:


or this:

That entire row of washing machines is there because of "Visual Deals".  This is a search page for "How Do I remove Visual Deals from Chrome"  :-)

Visual Deals is an add on to Chrome extensions.  From what I have read, they are a violation of google's policies, but they still happen.  Two of the most common extensions are Translate, and Pinterest.

You do not have to remove the extension to remove Visual Deals.

In google chrome, click on the three bars (menu) on the top right of the page.  Choose Tools/Extensions

Under Pinterest, Click options.


Choose Change, the enabled will turn to Disabled.  Close the window, and voila - annoying Visual Deals ads are gone!



Comments

  1. Thank you! You just saved me a ton of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love you! This has been driving me insane. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so freakin' much!! I have lived with this annoying little problem for way too long. Not anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment