Fields of Heather On Facebook - Streamlining My Blog



One of my goals this year is to streamline my blog.  Drastically.  I've been thinking about it a lot over the past few months - that typical blogger question, "Why do I blog"?  For me, it's honestly more for me than for others.  It's like free cloud storage - a place to store a journal of recipes, craft projects, bible studies, organizational and cleaning tips, all of which I am more likely to reference myself, when I forget what worked and what didn't, than anyone else.

But it is something I want to share with others.

What I found for me though, and that means it probably is true for others, is that my blog is very adhd.  And cluttered with short term freebies and thoughts that overshadow the more helpful posts.  

I still wanted to share freebies, free ebooks, quick quotes and thoughts..  but I do not want them cluttering up my blog.  Then I received an invitation to join a friends facebook page - she created a page for her blog.  I never thought of doing that before, it always seemed like something just for big name, serious bloggers..  but I decided to check it out.

It is perfect for what I have in mind.  I will be working on cleaning this blog out, deleting hundreds of posts, and streamlining it into an organized resource.  For those of you who would like to follow my shorter posts - free ebooks, quotes, quick thoughts - like the Fields Of Heather facebook page.  Hope to see you over there.  :=)




Comments