Thankfulness & Worry



Last week at our Latte Ladies group (women from our church get together to drink coffee,  and discuss a topic.  This months topic was thankfulness) looked at the brochure The Power Of A Thankful Heart, by Christian Broadcasting Network.


One of the pages in the brochure is Philippians 4:6-7
"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."


It jumped right out at me as we were discussing this.


TELL God what you need, & THANK Him for everything.
IF you do this, you will experience God's PEACE
His peace will guard your hearts and minds.


We have two adult teens.  Brand new adults.  If you think the infant years, and toddler years, are scary, they are nothing compared to the worry of your children growing up and making their own life decisions.  Seriously, I was not prepared. And my kids are not even making bad decisions...  they are just slow in making decisions, and I am even slower in realizing they are their decisions to make, not mine.  :-)


Many times over this past week I'd catch myself worrying, and immediately this verse would come to mind.  If I am telling God what I need, and thanking him for everything, than He will give me peace, that will guard my mind.  So if my mind is full of worry, and my heart is panicked, then I probably didn't tell God what I needed, and thank Him for everything.


It sounds so simple, but I have to say that every single time, that verse changed my focus, and I had peace.  I think we too often underestimate the value in saying Thank You, and we spend way too much time not knowing how to not worry - when God has clearly told us He will guard our hearts and minds, if we just ask, and say thank you. 


You can read the brochure, and download printables, as well as a turkey brine recipe, here:

Comments