13 Books I have Loved This Summer -

Not in any particular order - 

  1. Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson - thriller
  2. Love You More by Lisa Gardner - mystery from a series, but I haven't read the series, just this book - the series characters are pretty much background in this story
  3. Now You See Her by James Patterson - mystery - & a really good one
  4. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares - beach read/friendship/romance.. but not just fluff.  It was surprisingly good!
  5. Moonwalking With Einstein by Joshua Foer - nonfiction, about the American Memory Competition.  Fun read!  It was nice to have this background before reading the fictional Before I Go To Sleep.
  6. Smokin 17 by Janet Evanovich - I love the Stephanie Plum series!
  7. 10th Anniversary by James Patterson - a lot of Patterson's books are way too graphic for me, but I love this series.  This one and his Michael Bennet series are on my all time favorites list.
  8. Night Road by Kristen Hannah - I'm not a fan of Jodi Picoult, so it's kind of odd for me to compare this to a Jodi Picoult style book and say I loved it, but that's the best way I know to sum it up.  There must be a name for this genre - but I don't know what it is?  
  9. Learning to Swim by Sara J Henry - this book is a mystery, but almost as a sideline to the drama?  I'm really looking forward to more by this author.
  10. These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf - another chick lit/drama/mystery.  This genre really needs it's own name.  :-)  While I did NOT like the other book I read by this author, I loved this one.
  11. Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah  I need to learn my book categories.  I think of this as historical fiction, but if that conjurs up images of bodice rippers for you too..  then that's not what this is. LOL!  It's fiction, but with some history woven in.  Informative, and a good story.  One of my absolute favorite kinds of reads.  
  12. The Flower Shop Mysteries by Kate Collins - cozy mysteries.  Light, fun summer reads, no deep thought required, but not so ridiculous that you have to completely shut your brain off.  It might be a stretch to say I "loved" these - but I liked them enough to keep reading the next in the series.
  13. One Summer by David Balducci - not a mystery.  I've never read Balducci before, my husband likes his books though..  this is apparently NOT his normal style, but it was really good! A drama of sorts.  Engaging, a good story.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment